New York City Marathon
Sunday, the New York City Marathon will be happening. Today, I am looking forward to meeting a friend who will be running in the marathon.
I began running at our local high school track only a few weeks ago and have already noticed positive results from just running 4 to 5 times a week. Here are a few tips that have worked for me which may inspire you;
1. Set a time that works for you and mark it on your calendar just as you would a Doctor appointment. Start twice a week, then build up to 3 times and so on.
2. Have a dedicated basket or box for your running gear. It makes it easier if everything is in one spot.
3. Shoes. Invest in a good pair of running shoes. Many shops offer custom fit which is worth it.
4. Water. Have your water ready!
5. Start by walking and then build up. Train and track your route and your miles or progress.
6. Invite a friend or partner to help you be accountable.
Starting for me was the hardest part, but now after a few weeks, I feel stronger and have so much more stamina. While I may not run the New York City Marathon, I can run for me, for my health and my heart. I wish all the marathon runners a great day in New York city and the surrounding areas. Good Luck to all the runners and to those that love to run.